FOR movie stars and A-listers the Oscars is the biggest – and most expensive – night of year.
According to one Hollywood expert, celebs have been known to splash out an eye-watering £235,000 for their red carpet stroll.
But if you’re planning to throw an over-the-top Oscars party this evening, you can still be part of the glam squad with our winning bargain beauty buys…
- LIP SERVICE: Hollywood ladies Emma Roberts, Salma Hayek and Nicole Kidman are all reportedly fans of luxe beauty brand Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk lipstick. But at £24, not all of us can justify splurging on the must-have lippie.
Revolution Renaissance lipstick in Blended is only £4 and is near-identical (both the packaging and the shade). Win.
- BIO-TIFUL BARGAIN: It’s a staple loved by celebs for its glowy red-carpet sheen and skin-smoothing, anti-ageing properties.
Kim Kardashian, Kelly Brook and Abbey Clancy have all fans of Bio Oil, (£16.99 for 125ml), instead grab the just-as-good Lloyds Pharmacy body care oil (£5.32 for 125ml).
- SPOT THE DIFFERENCE: Award-winning make-up artist Stacey Whittaker swears by Maybelline Fit Me concealer (£5.99, Superdrug) as a dupe for NARS creamy concealer (£24, Cult Beauty).
Stacey says: “The packaging and formula are both really similar and the Maybelline product still provides great coverage without going dry throughout the day.”
- GET IN LINE: Wing it with the Flawless Eyeliner (£14.95 from Flawless Lashes by Loreta), used by make-up artist Erika La’ Pearl on stars such as Cardi B. It is an affordable alternative to the By Terry Ligne Blackstar liner (£26).
SMELL like an A-lister with Primark’s PS Love . . . Rose. It has been inspired by classic fragrance Chanel Chance – but is a tiny fraction of the price for a 50ml bottle.
Reader’s saving tip
EDITH MINIFIE, of Wednesbury, West Mids, says: “Refresh your carpets with talc, not expensive carpet shampoo. Sprinkle, brush in and vacuum.”
- Send your hints to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is published. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
GIVE your morning brew some citrus zing with Tetley Cold Infusions in Orange & Peach for £1.50 at Morrisons. Usually £2.49.
Hot right now
LOVE it or hate it, Asda is selling the one and only Marmite flavoured chocolate egg for £3.
CALLING all ice cream lovers! Cadbury Creme Egg Ice Cream is currently just £1.50 per tub at the Co-op, down from £3.30.
Deal of the day
Here’s how to get 5p off per litre of fuel at Tesco – but you need to be quick[/caption]
SPEND £50 or more in store at Tesco or online and get a coupon for 5p off per litre of fuel. Offer ends today and you must use your coupon by Sunday, March 3.
My Sun Savers fiver
NICOLA ARMSTRONG, of Brighton, says: “I’m saving up my Savers fivers to put towards date night for me and my husband.”
- Send your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is published. Please include your name and town.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
MOST READ IN MONEY TIPS
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.