“I opened the door, and on the mat was the delivery note saying he had put it through the open window.
“I was baffled as all the downstairs ones were closed. The only open one was the upstairs spare room. I went upstairs and sure enough, there on the floor was the box.
“Fortunately, it was very well padded and the bulbs weren’t damaged. So I just found the whole thing hilarious. But if they’d been broken, I might have felt differently.”
The mum-of-two, who runs the Sunshine and Light yoga class in her home village, added: “The package could also have ended up on the roof, or anywhere.
“And it could have hit a child in the room, or a pet. It wasn’t particularly heavy, but if it had hit a newborn baby in a cot, for example, it wouldn’t have done it much good.
“I just found it very weird. The driver ticked the ‘we left it in the safe place you told us about’ box – but that certainly isn’t an open window ten feet in the air.”
An Amazon spokesman said: “We have very high standards for our delivery partners and expect every package to be handled with care.”