Boy, 14, couldn’t pee after shoving 3.5inch sewing needle into his penis


A TEENAGER was unable to urinate for three days – after shoving a 3.5inch sewing needle into his penis.

The 14-year-old, from Tunis, Tunisia, admitted he had pushed the needle inside himself days earlier for “erotic stimulation”.

Urology Case Reports

X-rays revealed the needle had become lodged 5cm inside the boy[/caption]

Medics were forced to use forceps to pull out the sharp object after it became lodged 2inches inside him.

Doctors at the La Rabta Hospital in Tunisia capital opened up about the bizarre medical story in a case report in the journal Urology Case Reports, in which they said cases like this are “very rare”.

They said the boy told doctors he had pushed the 3.5inch needle into his urethra – the tube pee travels along – for sexual pleasure.

The needle had been shoved in so far that the doctors couldn’t see it – and an examination showed that it was 5cm along the tube.

Surgeons put the teen under a general anaesthetic and used forceps to remove the sharp metal object.

Urology Case Reports

Doctors found a 3.5inch long needle inside the teen’s penis and had to use forceps to pull it out under general anaesthetic[/caption]

The team, led by Dr Selim Zaghbib, wrote: “Postoperative period was uneventful.

“The patient was discharged after one day and referred to the psychiatric department which confirmed that he had no mental trouble.”

They added that, while the boy was not found to have any psychological issues, his school psychologist was involved in his follow-up care.

The team also revealed that in cases like this diagnoses are often delayed because of the patients’ “shame and embarrassment”.

Inserting items into the urethra for sexual pleasure is a well-established fetish, known as sounding.

However, the fetish comes with a high risk of infection, injury and potential trauma – with the medics emphasising the importance of using only specialised toys for sexual pleasure, and not objects found laying about the house.

Urology Case Reports

Doctors warned the needle could have caused injury to the urethra or bladder and led to infection or even gangrene[/caption]

And they added that using unsterilised or damaging objects could cause infections, gangrene, injuries to the urethra or bladder, or a narrowing of the urinary tract.

The research paper listed two dozen other bizarre objects people have had to remove from their genitals including straws, light bulbs, wires and even a squirrel’s tail.

They wrote: “Cases reporting urethral foreign bodies… affect both sexes, with a male predominance, and all age groups.

“The wide variety of self-inserted foreign bodies include needles, pencils, ball point pens, garden wire, copper wire, speaker wire, safety pins, telephone cables, straws, string, toothbrushes, Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices [IUDs], household batteries, light bulbs, marbles, cotton tip swabs, plastic cups, thermometers, plants and vegetables, and even parts of animals (leeches, squirrel tail, snakes, bones).”

Just last week, we revealed that a man was forced to have a metal nut cut off his “strangulated” penis after squeezing it on for sexual pleasure.

The unnamed 34-year-old spent two days trying to dislodge the hex nut from his member before giving up and going to A&E.

Similarly, earlier this year, a 13-year-old boy from north-west China had surgery to remove 29 magnetic balls from his bladder – three months after he put them up his penis.

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here