Gary Hyland, 32, pleaded guilty to the offence at Liverpool Magistrates Court today where he covered his face to avoid being identified.
He left with his tracksuit bottoms wrapped up over his face after admitting trying to wind up fans of arch rivals Liverpool on Twitter.
Hyland had posted on his social media account at 3.40am on Tuesday: “Ha ha ha, so what if Salah is a Muslim?.
“You don’t see us (Everton) praying to Allah at half time!
“It’s nothing to do with Salah.”
He then circulated an image which showed the Egyptian at Chelsea in a Liverpool top, superimposed with a suicide vest with a pressure point detonator, prosecutor Sophie Leyland told the court.
The offender next revealed a picture of Liverpool fans praying to Allah.
Some people showed their support for Hyland’s messages, while others revealed their disgust, Leyland added.
Two days later, officers attended his address in Sefton and arrested him for a racially aggravated public order offence.
Immediately, he told police: “I know I’ll get charged, it was me, I can’t find my phone.”
Police told Hyland they would not leave his address without his phone, before his partner, called Jade, told them it was on the sofa, hidden under a cushion.
But the 32-year-old was taken to Wirral custody suite where he then threatened to spit and kick at officers, the court heard.
Hyland has 19 criminal convictions, with his most recent offence in 2014, for a different type of charge.
Today, Hyland pleaded guilty to racially aggravated public order offence and obstructing a constable in the execution of their duty.
The abuse was widely condemned by fans of both clubs and Everton Football Club.
An Everton spokesman said: “Everton condemns in the strongest terms any kind of racism.
“We have shared the material with the appropriate authorities and are looking into the matter further to understand if the Twitter user in question is known to the Club in any way.”
Ms Leyland objected to the Blues fan being granted bail, insisting he could carry out further offences, had not surrendered his mobile phone properly and should be remanded in custody for his “own protection”.
Ms Leyland added: “The tweets were very offensive and upsetting.
“His own safety would be at risk.”
Liverpool Echo reported that Hyland has a girlfriend and a six-month-old baby, who prosecutors claimed could also be at risk from reprisals.
Danielle Gibbons, defending her client, said the case was one which represented “no real risk of custody.”
It had “started out as innocent and legitimate banter,” but had quickly “escalated.”
The lawyer said the Salah suicide bomber image was not one he had created, but had tweeted, which had been retweeted by other people online.
She added: “This offence was on August 6, he was arrested on August 8 and there’s been so further tweets or social media comments in the interim period.
“He realises what he did was wrong and he has not engaged in further posts or tweets.
“There’s nothing to suggest he’s going to depart from that…..he will not be repeating his actions.”
Magistrate Mr Holcroft adjourned the case for probation reports and ordered Hyland to return to court at the end of August.
He was handed conditional bail, and ordered not to access social media.