Nearly one month’s worth of rain is predicted to lash the country tonight.
Astonishingly, 24 places are expected to suffer severe flooding, just one level below the “danger to life” warning.
The majority are in the Manchester area, where cars have already been submerged.
But the thunderstorms are not over yet, with another deluge due to drop.
The full list includes:
- Hey Brook at Rochdale, properties adjacent to the watercourse
- Midgelden Brook at Bacup Road – Gauxholme
- Poynton Brook at Wigwam wood and parts of Armcon Business Park
- River Calder at Burnley Town Centre, affecting low lying area at St. James Street and Calder Street
- River Calder at Central Todmorden
- River Calder at Todmorden from the Cricket Ground to the Railway Bridge
- River Calder at Todmorden – Harley Wood
- River Calder at Todmorden – Millwood
- River Calder at Todmorden – Patmos Burnley Road
- River Lostock, Shaw Brook and Bannister Brook at Leyland
- River Mersey at Cheadle Wood and Ford lane
- River Mersey at Fletcher Moss and Withington Golf Course
- River Roch at Littleborough
- River Roch in Rochdale
- River Spen and Canker Dyke at Ravensthorpe
- River Spen and Lands Beck from Knowler Hill to Wormald Street, Liversedge
- River Spen from Hunsworth to Brooklyn Road including Victoria Mills, Cleckheaton
- River Spen from Wormald Street to Smithies Lane
- River Spodden at Whitworth, Daniel Street
- Timperley Brook at Altrincham
- Walsden Water at Todmorden from Shade to Salford
- Walsden Water at Walsden
- Whinney Brook and Dovers Brook at Maghull, around Hall Lane, Damfield Lane and Foxhouse Lane
- Whinney Brook and Dovers Brook at Maghull, between Sefton Lane and the Waste Transfer Station
MORE TO FOLLOW