India’s Minister of State for Minority Affairs Kiren Rijiju revealed a military hotline meant to defuse border tensions had been used to report the abductions. The latest clash comes as high-profile talks between India’s Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and China’s General Wei Fenghe take place in Moscow.
Mr Rijiju tweeted: “The Indian Army has already sent hotline message to the counterpart PLA establishment at the border point in Arunachal Pradesh.
“Response is awaited.”
The men were also out hunting at the time, according to The Arunachal Times.
But it was not yet known how long they have been missing.
Tensions between China and India have reached boiling point after a clash along the Ladakh border on June 15.
This resulted in 20 Indian troops being killed.
China never released the number of deaths of military troops.
A statement said at the time: “They have deliberately provoked attacks which have then led to intense physical clashes between both sides, leading to casualties and deaths.”
READ MORE: World War 3: Chilling warning as India and China prepared for war
Talks between the two Defence Ministers also stalled after each released statements accusing the other of inciting tensions further.
The border area of Arunachal Pradesh has been hotly disputed between India and China ever since they went to war in 1962.
The war lead to Chinese troops managing to capture part of the Himalayan territory.
China has now claimed about 90,000 square kilometres (35,000 square miles) of the area.
But this is nearly the whole of Arunachal Pradesh.
The latest border row has prompted US President Donald Trump to offer his assistance to China.
He said at the weekend: “We stand ready to help with respect to China and India.
“If we can do anything, we would love to get involved and help.”
However, neither China or India took up the offer.