The 19-year-old, who has not been named, arrived at Famagusta District Court in Paralimni with a black jumper over her head this morning.
Police held 12 Israeli teenagers, aged between 15 and 18, following the woman’s report of being raped by up a dozen individuals at a hotel in the popular tourist resort of Ayia Napa, where both she and the Israelis were staying.
She told police the men held her down before taking it in turns to sexually assault her at a budget hotel.
Court documents said she had “scratches on her lower limbs” as a result of the trauma.
But the suspects, who were holidaying before starting national service, were allowed home yesterday when a lawyer and Cypriot officials said the teenager changed her story.
It is believed the woman had a holiday fling with one of the suspects before the allegations were made.
A law enforcement official said the woman had withdrawn her claims during questioning over the weekend, saying there had been sexual contact with the suspects but she wasn’t raped.
The state-run Cyprus news agency reported the woman allegedly told investigators she filed a rape report because she was “angry and insulted” that some of the Israelis allegedly recorded video of her having consensual sex with a number of them.
The seven men still held were released yesterday after five were freed on Thursday, when no DNA evidence linked them to the alleged attack.
The woman appeared at Famagusta District Court where police looked to seek a remand order against her.
A police spokesman in Nicosia said: “This will not be a trial.
“The judge will decide whether it will go to trial and whether she will be detained further.”
On the back of her new evidence, the woman, who has not been identified, was arrested on suspicion of making a false allegation and will appear in court in the town of Paralimni, on Cyprus’ eastern coast, today.
Five of the suspects were released on Thursday after no evidence was found against them.
The remaining seven teenagers were allowed to leave the police district headquarters in Paralimni yesterday.
Jubilant relatives were there to greet them with hugs and kisses. Some of the youths carried suitcases and got into waiting cars that drove them straight to the airport.
“All seven Israelis have been released,” police spokesman Christos Andreou said last night. “The young woman will be taken to court tomorrow morning.”
Attorney Nir Jeslovich, who represented some of the Israelis, said yesterday: “As I have argued throughout the process, there was no rape in Cyprus.
“The young men who went on a vacation that became a nightmare will go home today, and everyone will return to their homes and families. The Cyprus Police conducted a thorough, professional investigation.”
Mr Jeslovich said the suspects arrived in Cyprus in three different parties and did not know each other before meeting on holiday.
One young man was on holiday with his girlfriend when he was pulled from his bed and accused.
A picture taken by his girlfriend showing him asleep at the time of the alleged rape eventually saw police release him.
“My girlfriend’s selfie saved me life, I will never come back here ever again,” the youth who was released on Thursday and arrived in Israel told Channel 12.
“I was sitting in my room, I don’t know how they got in but suddenly two police officers jumped me and cuffed me.
“At first I did not understand what they want, but at the station a translator told me: ‘You are suspected of raping a girl.’
“I told them, ‘Go ask my girlfriend, I was with her, we have pictures together.’
“I don’t understand how they didn’t check that.”