ALL eyes are on Eoin Morgan’s men as England look to win their first ever Cricket World Cup.
The hosts go into the tournament as the No1 side in the world and will play two warm-up matches against Australia and Afghanistan.
Cricket World Cup warm-up fixtures
BEFORE England face South Africa in the curtain-raiser at The Oval, there’s ten warm-up games scheduled in the week before.
The new-look format in the World Cup sees all the nations go into a single league, with the top-four qualifying for the semi-final stage.
England face Australia and Afghanistan following the conclusion of their five-match series against Pakistan.
As per previous ICC tournaments, warm-up fixtures will be 50 overs per side, but will not carry official ODI status, as teams can field all members of their 15-man squad during the match.
All warm-up games begin at 10.30am UK time:
- Pakistan vs Afghanistan – Friday, May 24 at Bristol
- South Africa vs Sri Lanka – Friday, May 24 at Cardiff
- England vs Australia – Saturday, May 25 at Southampton
- India vs New Zealand – Saturday, May 25 at The Oval
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan – Sunday, May 26 at Bristol
- South Africa vs West Indies – Sunday, May 26 at Cardiff
- Australia vs Sri Lanka – Monday, May 27 at Southampton
- England vs Afghanistan – Monday, May 27 at The Oval
- Bangladesh vs India – Tuesday, May 28 at Bristol
- New Zealand vs West Indies – Tuesday, May 28 at Cardiff