Everton kit farce with club forced to wear last season’s third kit at Crystal Palace because both home and away shirts clash

0
21


EVERTON are being forced to wear last season’s third kit at Selhurst Park – after a Crystal balls-up over their first two outfits.

Mail Online says Eagle-eyed officials rejected the Toffees‘ plan to open the Premier League season in their new coral-and-navy second strip as they believe it clashes with Palace‘s blue-and-red home kit.

Theo Walcott and Co are not allowed to wear their away kit as it has been deemed too similar to the Crystal Palace home outfit
Theo Walcott and Co are not allowed to wear their main away kit as it has been deemed too similar to the Crystal Palace home outfit
Getty – Contributor
Everton are in a kit of bother as they also cannot wear this second kit at Selhurst Park
Everton are in a kit of bother as they also cannot wear this second kit at Selhurst Park
Getty Images – Getty
Officials say the first two Everton kits could clash with this Palace outfit - but Toffees target Wilfried Zaha might be left out
Officials say the first two Everton kits could clash with this Palace outfit – but Toffees target Wilfried Zaha might be left out
PA:Press Association

Everton‘s blue-andwhite striped second option is out of contention for the same reason – and Goodison Park chiefs are not releasing their new away kit until August 23.

So the double top flop means the visitors have no choice but to use their old white outfit.

The shirt shenanigans add a kit-and-miss element to a fixture already given unusual spice by Palace main man Wilfried Zaha failing to land a deadline-day move to Everton – after Arsenal’s interest had earlier cooled.

Marco Silva’s Toffees put together a last-ditch offer including £200,000-a-week wages for the Ivory Coast frontman.

But Everton were only willing to pay £65million plus two players, whereas the Eagles value their former Manchester United winger at £120m.

Zaha, 26, had handed in a transfer request after being sent home from training on Thursday.

And the current speculation is that he will be left out tomorrow as he might not be in the right frame of mind to play.

Palace manager Roy Hodgson said: “It’s been well documented that he’s wanted to leave but it’s not worked out for him.

“I think everyone here has a good relationship with him, so there’s no problem with that. His beef is with the chairman and owners of the football club.


“He’s staying, absolutely. We’re pleased about that, he’s an important player for the club and we’re looking forward to him doing this year what he’s done for the past two seasons.”

Zaha might hope Everton getting the third degree over their kit-astrophe distracts attention from his own woes tomorrow.

But you can put your shirt on speculation mounting up again over the former England starlet in January’s transfer window, with Chelsea rumoured to be keen if their transfer embargo is lifted.

https://players.brightcove.net/5067014667001/default_default/index.min.js



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here