INTER MILAN will make a fresh bid for Romelu Lukaku after manager Antonio Conte won over club chiefs.
Former Chelsea boss Conte has been fuming at the delay in Inter meeting Manchester United’s £75million asking price.
The Italian felt his club was breaking promises made to him when he decided to take charge at the San Siro, which included signing the 26-year-old Belgian striker before pre-season started.
But urgent talks between the manager and the Inter board in China appear to have cleared the air and left the Serie A side ready come back with a serious offer to United early next week.
MAKE YOUR MOVE SOON
Inter president Beppe Marotta said: “It’s all very positive.
“It’s good to feel a bit of pressure.
“You can see Conte’s work. We are very happy.
“There’s more to be done but there is optimism.”
United, who knocked back a £60m bid, have told the Italians they have to make their move soon or they will walk away from talks, knowing they still have to sign a replacement before the Premier League transfer window closes on August 8.
LATEST SPORTS NEWS
Meanwhile, United’s Glazer family owners have continued to anger fans after it emerged one of them had secured two loans against the club in the past five weeks.
Darcie Glazer Kassewitz, one of six siblings controlling the club, this week secured funding using £11m of her United shares as collateral.
Only last month she also used £5.5m of shares as security for another loan.