Japan Meteorological Agency will potentially issue a warning if the typhoon maintains its force stating that it poses a serious, unprecedented and imminent danger to human life. The storm is currently on its trajectory to Minamidaito Village, Okinawa Prefecture, where a Countermeasures Headquarters Meeting confirmed that the elderly and people with disabilities should be evacuated during four days.
It is set to increase in force from September 5, when it will approach the Daitojima region of Okinawa prefecture significantly.
During the meeting, Kenzo Nakata, the village mayor, called for “all possible measures to ensure that there is no damage.”
Mayor Nakata added: “I have never experienced this special typhoon and it is very dangerous.
“I would like to strengthen the sense of crisis and protect the lives and assets of local residents as a government office.”
The storm is set to hit an extensive area of the country spanning from Amami-Oshima island in Kagoshima Prefecture to western Japan, the Japan Meteorological Agency revealed.
Based on predictions, Typhoon No 10 is set to pass in waters near Amami-Oshima at around 9 am on September 6.
Its central barometric pressure is expected to be of 915 hectopascals and its maximum wind velocity is likely to be 198 kph.
Only three typhoons have made landfall in Japan with a central barometric pressure less than 930 hectopascals since 1951 when such data became available.
READ MORE: World War 3: China will keep ‘us at arm’s length’ as conflict looms
Only one person was found alive adrift in the middle of the sea, but the vessel had disappeared.
The survivor, 45-year-old Sareno Edvarodo, told the Japanese Coastguard the ship lost an engine before it was hit by a wave and capsized.
Crew members had been instructed to put on life jackets.
Mr Edvardo, who jumped into the water as the ship capsized, said he did not see any other crew members before he was rescued.
Three vessels, five airplanes and two divers are currently searching for the crew members.
The crew was made up of two Australians, two New Zealanders and 39 Filipinos.
The ship was also carrying 5,867 cattle.
New Zealand animal rights organisation SAFE said the tragedy highlighted the risks of the live animal export trade.
Campaign manager Marianne Macdonald said: “These cows should never have been at sea.
“This is a real crisis, and our thoughts are with the families of the 43 crew who are missing with the ship.
“But questions remain, including why this trade is allowed to continue.”