The city has seen protests over the last few weeks over the killing of George Floyd in police custody in the US. The protests and counter-protests in the UK have led to the government banning gatherings of more than six people outdoors during the coronavirus pandemic.
Protests in London have been ongoing since late May, with the Met previously releasing 48 images of suspected criminal protestors.
On Saturday, the Met released 12 photos of individuals they would like to talk to about potential offences.
They are suspected of racial abuse and serious violence against members of the public and police officers.
Some are suspected of violent disorder, which can see those convicted of the crime serving up to five years in prison.
READ MORE: Liverpool stabbing: Three hurt in street attack – area in inner-city sealed off
Commander Alex Murray said the force had mostly seen a positive response to the appeal from the public.
He said: “The vast majority of people who have attended the recent protests made their voices heard, and then left.
“However, a minority have attended with the sole purpose of attacking, abusing or violently confronting fellow protesters, detracting from the cause of their protest.
“We saw violence against police officers including verbal and racial abuse which is absolutely appalling.”
As a result of the clashes seen in some protests, around 100 officers have been injured.
Three police horses and a police dog have also suffered injuries from the protests.
Nearly 300 people have been arrested from both the Black Lives Matter demonstrations and far-right counter protests.
Commander Murray concluded: “Thank you to those who have already helped to identify people from the images – your help is having a real and positive effect on our investigation.
“Thank you also to those people who have actively challenged other protesters to stop them being violent and abusive.”
As a result of the protests, the government has been attempting pass new legislation protecting memorials.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson said protesters desecrating war memorials will face tough new laws and warned that attacks on public property will be “met with the full force of the law”.
Ministers have been considering legislating to make desecrating war memorials carry a sentence of up to ten years in prison.
Anyone with information can contact the investigation team on 020 8246 9386 or Tweet @MetCC on Twitter quoting the relevant image number.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.