LONDON’S knife epidemic is out of control with already 27 deaths in the capital since the start of 2019.
With last year being London’s bloodiest in almost a decade, as the number of homicides reached 135, the plague of knife crime is not nearing its end.
All the knife deaths across London so far this year
As of April 27 there have been 27 fatalities from stabbings in London this year.
Two people were fatally stabbed in separate knife attacks in the capital, in the first six hours of 2019 – Charlotte Huggins, 33, and Romanian bouncer, Tudor Simionov, also 33.
Charlotte was the first knife murder victim of the new year. She died in Camberwell, London, just after 4am on January 1.
The second person to be killed was Mr Simionov, who was stabbed to death by gatecrashers outside a New Year’s Eve party in London’s exclusive Mayfair area.
Shocking video footage captured outside the party shows Tudor being mobbed by thugs seconds before he was stabbed to death.
And as of February 19, three teenagers have already lost their lives in London this year.
Jaden Moodie, 14, Nedim Bilgin, 17 and Lajean Richards, 19, were all killed as a result of stabbings.
Dennis Anderson, 39, died in East Dulwich and 34-year-old Polish national Kamil Malysz was found dead at his home.
And on February 8 mum Aliny Mendes, 39, was stabbed to death outside a school in Cheam, Surrey, Greater London.
A man aged in his 40s arrested on suspicion of murder and a second man, aged in his 50s, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender continue to be quizzed in custody.
Police confirmed at least one of the suspects “was known” to the stay-at-home mum, who is originally from Brazil.
On February 18 a man collapsed and died at The Wesley Hotel, near Euston Station after being knifed. He was later identified as Bright Akinleye, 22.
On February 21, a 23-year-old man named as Glendon Spence was stabbed to death in Lambeth.
Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck, 19, was killed in Wood Green after being chased into a hair salon.
And on February 25, David Lopez-Fernandez, 38, was pronounced dead after being found with stab wounds in Tower Hamlets.
Che Morrison, 20, died on February 26, after being stabbed at Ilford station.
On March 1, Jodie Chesney, a 17-year old girl was founded knifed to death in a playground in Romford.
Police were called to a park after reports of a knife attack close to St Neot’s Road in Harold Hill, east London, at 9.25pm on Friday.
Cops found the teenager suffering with a stab injury before she was pronounced dead around an hour later.
Elize Stevens, 50, died of stab wounds in Hendon on March 2 and David Martinez, 26, was stabbed to death in Leyton, East London, on March 6.
He was knifed in the back and neck and left to die in the arms of passers-by after being dragged from his home in broad daylight.
A woman live streamed his death on Facebook and even TOUCHED the victim as paramedics battled to save him.
On March, 7, 17-year-old Ayub Hassan was knifed multiple times outside a Waitrose supermarket near West Kensington Tube station.
Good Morning Britain star Alex Beresford told viewers he was “deeply saddened” to confirm that his cousin, Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, was fatally knifed in the early hours of Saturday, March 16, in Fulham.
Met Police said on April 3 that Lovel Bailey, 29, of Birmingham, was arrested at Gatwick Airport, and charged with Nathaniel’s murder.
17-year-old Abdirashid Mohamoud, from the Brentford area, was murdered in Isleworth on March 22On March 22, a 17-year-old boy, Abdirashid Mohamoud, of Brentford, was stabbed to death near flats in Isleworth, West London, after being chased by two attackers.
Met Police said that a man, 22, was arrested on March 30 on suspicion of murder and has been “technically bailed”.
An “innocent” Pinner newsagent was killed after a knife attack on March 24.
Ravi Katharkamar, 54, was found stabbed to death in his shop “for a few pounds, with police confirming a 44-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of murder.
On March 28, aspiring music producer Zahir Visiter, 25, was reportedly stabbed to death for a £60,000 watch before the knifemen fled into a mosque near Regent’s Park.
He became the 31st murder victim in Lawless London so far this year.
The music producer was reportedly stabbed to death for a £60,000 watch before the knifemen fled into London Central Mosque near Regent’s Park.
A hero dad-of-three, Gavin Garraway, 40, was fatally knifed in broad daylight in Clapham, South London, on March 29.
It was claimed that he was trying to protect his brother. His murder came days after the death of his dad, Farda Spy, a “legendary” musician known as I Spy.
Zion Chiata, 18, has been charged with Garraway’s murder and possession of a bladed article, say the Met Police.
A 22-year-old man who was stabbed to death on April 1 after being chased by a gang through the streets of Kentish Town in London has been named locally as Calvin Bungisa.
Met Police said: “We believe several male suspects came out of Vicar’s Road and chased the victim down Grafton Road before fatally attacking him.”
Calvin’s family, who described him as a happy man who “was always laughing”, had fled war in Congo.
On April 24, a 21-year-old man was stabbed to death in a string of four knifings in just seven hours across London.
A man died after he was stabbed in Hackney, Frampton Park Road on April 27. He was attacked at 2.45pm and died in hospital.
All the stabbings, fatal and non-fatal, across London in 2019
- January 1 – Charlotte Huggins, 33, stabbed to death in Camberwell
- January 1 – Tudor Simionov, 33, stabbed to death in Park Lane
- January 1 – Two men – also security guards – aged 37 and 29, and a woman, aged 29, were also stabbed at the private party in Park Lane. They had come to Tudor’s aid during the attack
- January 5 – A mum in her 30s was fighting for her life and two others wounded in a triple stabbing in broad daylight in Leyton, East London on January 5. She was attacked in front of her two children
- January 5 – Man, 26, found suffering from knife wounds in Newham
- January 8 – Jaden Moodie, 14, died after being stabbed in Waltham Forest after his moped was rammed off the road, witnesses claimed
- January 11 – Woman in her 50s stabbed in Wallington
- January 19 – Two men, aged 20 and 18, attacked and stabbed in Edmonton
- January 20 – Man, 57, found with stab injury in Kew
- January 27 – Polish national Kamil Malysz, 34, stabbed to death in Acton. A man, 33, has been arrested after the death
- January 29 – Nedim Bilgin, 17, stabbed to death in Islington
- February 3 – Two teens found with knife wounds “may have been attacked in Feltham Park”, Met Police say
- February 5 – Lajean Richards, 19, a Domino’s delivery driver, was stabbed to death outside his family home in Battersea
- February 5 – Teenager, 18, rushed to hospital after being stabbed at around 1am on Drummond Street, near Euston station in central London.
- February 6 – Teen boy stabbed on London bus in Hackney
- February 8 – Two males – aged 16 and 28 years old – were found suffering from stab wounds in Wood Green
- February 8 – Mum-of-four Aliny Mendes, 39, was stabbed to death while walking with one of her children near Meadow Primary School in Cheam, Surrey.
- February 9 – Man, 23, in critical condition after being knifed in Neasden
- February 9 – Boy, 16, suffers stab wound after a fight in Hayes
- February 10 – Dennis Anderson, 39, stabbed to death in East Dulwich in a “row over a cigarette” outside an off-licence in East Dulwich
- February 18 – Bright Akinleye stabbed to death in Euston after collapsing in a hotel lobby
- February 21 – A 23-year-old man was stabbed to death in Lambeth.
- February 22 – A teenager was knifed to death in Wood Green, North London, just after 8pm.
- March 1 – Jodie Chesney, 17, was knifed to death in a playground in Romford. She was found dead on March 2.
- March 6 – David Martinez, 26, was stabbed in the street in Leyton, East London.
- March 7 – A 17-year-old boy is stabbed in broad daylight in Kensington.
- March 9 – A 19-year-old boy is stabbed in North Finchley and is currently fighting for his life in hospital. He was stabbed in the chest on the 134 bus at Colney Hatch Lane, Muswell Hill.A boy, 17, has now been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. A pal said the teen was stabbed after LOOKING at the attacker.
- March 9 – A man, believed to be 18-years-old, was stabbed on Edgware Road. His injuries aren’t considered to be life-threatening.
- March 10 – A a 19-year-old was left fighting for his life after being stabbed near flats in East Dulwich in South East London.
- March 16 – Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, was stabbed to death on the same street where Jill Dando was shot dead in 1999.
- March 22 – Abdirashid Mohamoud, 17, was stabbed to death in Isleworth, West London
- March 23 – Four people were stabbed – three teens and man in his 20s – in three separate attacks across the capital
- March 24 – A man in his 40s in Hackney was fighting for life
- March 24 – In North West London a murder investigation was launched after a man was found stabbed to death
- March 25 – Ravi Katharkamar, 54, was stabbed to death “for a few pounds” while opening his newsagents in Pinner, North West London
- March 25 – A 15-year-old boy was left in a critical condition after being stabbed on Dartmouth Road, Forest Hill, South East London at 4.10pm
- March 26 – Six people, including four teenagers, were stabbed in different locations across the capital within six hours of each other
- March 28 – A 17-year-old was repeatedly stabbed in Markhouse Road, in Walthamstow, East London.
- March 28 – Zahir Visiter, 25, was found stabbed at 6.15pm in Westminster – he later died in hospital while armed cops sealed off a mosque near Regent’s Park.
- March 29 – Gavin Garraway, 40, was fatally knifed through the window of his car in Clapham, South London, before his attackers sprinted away. He is the 32nd murder victim in the UK capital this year.
- March 30 to April 2 – A series of five knife attacks were carried out in the N18 area of Edmonton, North London. Aged from 23 to 52, all were slashed from behind in the street during “seemingly random attacks”, the Met police said. Two victims were left in a critical condition while a third, in his 30s, is fighting for his life in hospital.
- April 1 – Calvin Bungisa, 22, was stabbed to death in a busy road after being chased through the streets of Kentish Town at about 8.30pm.
- April 1 – Two men were stabbed outside student halls in Wembley
- April 3 – A man in his 40s died in Harrow, North London after a ‘machete attack’.
- April 5 – A man in his 20s was stabbed in broad daylight outside Ilford station at around 3.30pm.
- April 6 – A woman, in her 20s, was stabbed in the stomach on Holloway Road, Islington, just a mile from Arsenal’s Emirates stadium.
- April 6 – A teenager was stabbed in Kingsbury, north west London.
- April 6 – A man was knifed in Brixton.
- April 8 – A man, aged in his 20s, died in Manor Park, East London at around 9.30pm after being shot and stabbed.
- April 21 – a 21-year-old died from stab injuries after a gang attacked him in Harlesden.
- April 24 – a 21-year-old man was stabbed to death in a string of four knifings in just seven hours across London.
- April 27 – a man died after he was attacked in Frampton Park Road, Hackney at around 2.45pm.
- April 28 – A 17-year-old boy was stabbed “six times” on a London bus in broad daylight with a “long knife.
Figures at a glance
- The number of homicides, including murder and manslaughter, have risen from 649 to 730 – an increase of 14 per cent
- Knife crime has also increased by eight per cent
- The number of admissions to hospital for assault involving a sharp instrument have increased by 15 per cent
- The rate of robberies have increased by 17 per cent
- Police have recorded an increase of 41 per cent relating to stalking and harassment offences
- Overall crime from 12 months to the end of September 2018 went up by seven per cent to a total of 5,723,182
How many stabbings were there in London in 2018?
Figures from London’s Metropolitan police showed that knife crime surged by 16 per cent in the capital year-on-year in 2018, as Britain’s crime epidemic continues.
There were 1,299 stabbings in London up to the end of April, according to official statistics from the Met Police.
In 2017-18, there were 137 knife offences for every 100,000 people in the capital.
2018 was London’s bloodiest year in almost a decade as the murder toll reached 134.
I have information about a murder. What should I do?
You can contact the police directly by phoning 101.
Or, if you prefer to remain anonymous, call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. The service creates a report that doesn’t contain any information that could identify you.
Any young people with details about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org where they can also pass on information anonymously – the I.P. address will not be traced.
Fearless is part of the Crimestoppers charity, and is also independent of the police.
If you need help or information to support someone you suspect is involved in knife crime, visit www.knifefree.co.uk or LondonNeedsYouAlive.
LATEST CRIME NEWS
Did crime increase in the UK in 2018?
The number of murders in the UK increased from 649 in 2017 to 739 in 2018 – rocketing by 14 per cent, according to figures released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
Knife crime is up at eight per cent and violent crimes up by 19 per cent.
Chief Constable Bill Skelly, National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) lead for crime recording and statistics, said: “Rising crime, increased terrorist activity and fewer police officers have put serious strain on the policing we offer to the public.
“We are determining the additional capabilities and investment we need to drive down violence and catch more criminals – and we will make the case at the next Government Spending Review.”