A MAN is fighting for his life after he was attacked with a bat in East London.
Cops raced to Globe Road in Bethnal Green, before the man was rushed to an East London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
Cops raced to Globe Road in Bethnal Green, before the man was rushed to an East London hospital where he remains in a critical condition[/caption]
A Metropolitan spokesman said: “At this early stage it appears he was assaulted by a group of men armed with a bat.”
There have been no arrests so far.
It comes as another man was fighting for life after being savagely beaten by a gang of youths trying to steal his moped.
The 46-year-old victim suffered a head injury as he tried to stop the thugs on bicycles making off with his scooter from a car park in Battersea, South West London.
While a 23-year-old who was stabbed to death during a vicious knife fight became the 50th murder victim in the capital since the
start of the year.
Figures at a glance
- The number of homicides, including murder and manslaughter, have risen from 649 to 730 – an increase of 14 per cent
- Knife crime has also increased by eight per cent
- The number of admissions to hospital for assault involving a sharp instrument have increased by 15 per cent
- The rate of robberies have increased by 17 per cent
- Police have recorded an increase of 41 per cent relating to stalking and harassment offences
- Overall crime from 12 months to the end of September 2018 went up by seven per cent to a total of 5,723,182
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Police were called at around 1630hrs on Sunday, 26 May, to a stabbing in St Paul’s Way, E3.
“Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service and found two men suffering stab injuries.
“One of the victims, a 23-year-old man, had suffered multiple stab wounds.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.