Home U.S Man 'on drugs' accidentally burns down home due to raccoon annoyance

Man 'on drugs' accidentally burns down home due to raccoon annoyance


Pest control! Man, 38, ‘on drugs’ accidentally burns down his mobile home after becoming frustrated with the raccoons living underneath it

  • A 38-year-old man in Washington accidentally burned down his trailer home Sunday morning after reportedly taking narcotics
  • He was irritated by raccoons he said live underneath and knocked over a candle
  • When authorities arrived no one was in the home which was ‘fully engulfed’ 
  • Cops left locals with a warning about candles: ‘Please be careful when having candles inside your residence. Be safe!’ 

A man in Washington accidentally burned down his home while trying to get rid of raccoons he said live underneath the trailer.

The 38-year-old male, who was not identified by police, ‘had been using narcotics’ when he became agitated about the creatures residing beneath is mobile home.

During his quest to get rid of them, he knocked over a candle and started a fire on Sunday, according to a press release.

‘Deputies responded to the area of W Evans early this morning to a fully engulfed trailer,’ the Benton County, Washington Sheriff’s Office said this weekend.

A 38-year-old man in Washington accidentally burned down his trailer home Sunday morning

A 38-year-old man in Washington accidentally burned down his trailer home Sunday morning

The occupant of the home had fled by the time they arrived when it was still dark. Firefighters were pictured outside what was left of the trailer once the flames had been extinguished.

‘We contacted a 38 year old male who said he became frustrated with the family of raccoons living under the house and while trying to get to them,’ Sheriff Jerry Hatcher explained. ‘He knocked a candle over causing the fire.

‘No other people were home and no injuries.’

The police did not state whether any raccoons were harmed in the fire, leaving some Facebook users concerned for the animals. 

The man had reportedly taken narcotics and became irritated by raccoons he said lived underneath

The man had reportedly taken narcotics and became irritated by raccoons he said lived underneath

Cops left locals with a message of warning: ‘Please be careful when having candles inside your residence. Be safe!’

One person commented: ‘And, maybe don’t use meth.’

However one man argued: ‘The fact that he was on narcotics had NOTHING to do with the fact that he simply knocked a candle over trying to rid his home of raccoons.’

Another social media user didn’t believe the resident’s story.

‘The raccoons were under his trailer and he knocked over a candle trying to get to them? I just don’t think so. If he wanted to access underneath his trailer wouldn’t he have done it from the OUTSIDE of the house? Y’all aren’t really buying that candle BS, are you?’ one Facebook user asked.

When authorities arrived no one was in the home which was 'fully engulfed' by flames

When authorities arrived no one was in the home which was ‘fully engulfed’ by flames

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Antonio Conte could be on the brink at Inter Milan after terrible Champions League showing

For a second, Antonio Conte burst back into life on the touchline on Wednesday evening.The Italian has been pilloried by the Italian media...

'Regal' Kate Middleton displays Queen-like qualities in latest speech – expert

The analyst said: "The structure, with its three repetitions of the words ‘I have…’ at the beginning to add impact, takes us from...

JEFF POWELL: Why Diego Maradona fails (just) to knock Pele off the No 1 spot  

JEFF POWELL: The ultimate footballer verdict must come down to rational...

Neil Lennon insists he is still the man to lead Celtic despite Sparta Prague drubbing

A defiant Neil Lennon insists he is still the man to transform Celtic's fortunes after another embarrassing defeat to Sparta Prague sent his side...

Recent Comments