Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have reportedly seen two nannies leave their posts in the space of two months, as they search for the right person to look after Archie Windsor.
Baby Archie was born on May 6 and is being raised at the couple’s home in Frogmore Cottage, a five-bedroom property in Windsor.
Sources close to the couple told The Sun on Friday night that nannies for Archie was a personal matter and that Buckingham Palace doesn’t comment on staff hiring.
They said: “Often there are different needs at different stages of the baby’s life. The first nanny was a night nurse.
“But Harry and Meghan do not want to rush this or take any risks getting this decision right.”
“Harry and Meghan do not want to rush this or take any risks getting this decision right”
Source close to Meghan and Harry
They went on: “It’s deeply personal and can depend on the needs of the baby and parents.”
US magazine Harper’s Bazaar reported earlier this month that a new British-born nanny had been hired.
But they are not believed to be permanently based at Frogmore Cottage, and just work weekdays.
The identity of the third nanny hasn’t been revealed.
Meghan and Harry’s second nanny was expected to provide “additional support” to the couple during their Autumn tour of Southern Africa.
This is expected to be baby Archie’s first royal engagement.
It is the latest staff headache for the Sussexes, who have seen several staff departures in the past few months.
In November last year, Meghan’s PA Melissa Touabti quit after just six months, amid reports she’d been reduced to tears.
Weeks later, the couple’s private secretary Samantha Cohen resigned after 17 years working for the Royal family.
While in January, Meghan’s female bodyguard left her post after six months.
In recent weeks, assistant private secretaries Amy Pickerall and Heather Wong have also gone.
It comes days after Meghan and Harry were warned to curb their spending as it was revealed the taxpayer is footing the bill for renovation work to their home.