Home U.S Mike Pence's senior political advisor 'tests positive for coronavirus'

Mike Pence's senior political advisor 'tests positive for coronavirus'


Mike Pence’s chief of staff and a senior political advisor ‘test positive for coronavirus’

  • Marc Short, Mike Pence’s chief of staff, has reportedly contracted COVID-19
  • News broke shortly after it was reported Pence’s political advisor was positive 
  • Marty Obst has also reportedly tested positive for COVID-19
  • Obst, Pence’s senior political adviser, found out Wednesday he had the virus
  • Neither Obst nor Pence have confirmed the news first reported by Bloomberg 

Vice President Mike Pence’s chief of staff and senior political adviser have both tested positive for coronavirus, according to reports.

Chief of staff Marc Short’s diagnosis was reported on Saturday night by Bloomberg. 

Senior political advisor Marty Obst tested positive on Wednesday, Bloomberg reported. 

Two sources confirmed Obst’s test to CNN. 

Obst was last around Pence about a week ago but was not in close proximity to the vice president, two people told Bloomberg. 

It was not clear when Pence last tested negative for the virus.

His press secretary said he had tested negative October 10, 11 days after he had last had contact with Donald Trump.

Earlier this month, in an interview with CNN, Short said the vice president was tested ‘every day.’ 

Marty Obst, pictured in June with Mike Pence, has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19

Marty Obst, pictured in June with Mike Pence, has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19

Former Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (third from left) tweets a photo of himself with (left to right) Marc Short, Mike Pence, and Pence adviser Marty Obst on October 7

Former Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (third from left) tweets a photo of himself with (left to right) Marc Short, Mike Pence, and Pence adviser Marty Obst on October 7

Obst would be the second person in Pence’s inner circle to test positive, after his speechwriter Katie Miller became infected in May. She returned to work three weeks later.

Obst has worked with Pence since 2016

Obst has worked with Pence since 2016

A significant number of White House staff have fallen ill since a September 26 ‘super-spreader event’ at the Rose Garden, to announce Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination to the Supreme Court.

Among those to subsequently test positive were the president and first lady, their 14-year-old son Barron, press secretary Kayleigh McEnany plus several members of her team, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien, and adviser Chris Christie.

It was unclear whether Obst was suffering from any symptoms.

Obst first worked for Pence in the spring of 2016, during his re-election campaign for governor of Indiana.

When, in July 2016, Trump named Pence as his running mate, Obst became his campaign manager and director of operations. 

Neither Pence nor Obst have confirmed the reports. 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Virgin Media's Sky Q rivalling TV service launches this month – how to get this upgrade

Sky Q might be considered the best way to watch TV in the UK but Virgin Media is fighting back in the telly...

The Office: Why did Steve Carrell leave The Office?

Steve Carell was much-loved as Dunder Mifflin manager Michael Scott on the US version of The Office. The star appeared in the show...

Google Chrome just made deleting your history and updating your browser quicker than ever

Google Chrome users will soon be able to type out commands in the address bar – saving them time. The change, which is...

Omaha mother of two paralyzed in drive- by shooting five days after she gave birth

Nebraska mother, 22, is paralyzed from the neck down in a...

Recent Comments