Mum begs parents to cut up their kids’ grapes after her daughter, four, nearly choked to death

0
16


A CONCERNED mum has posted a stark warning on Facebook after her four-year-old daughter nearly choked to death on a grape.

Laura Lou Chambers told other parents to make sure they cut up the fruit before giving it to their young kids.

Laura Lou Chambers posted this photo and warned other parents to make sure they cut up the fruit
Facebook

Laura Lou Chambers posted this photo and warned other parents to make sure they cut up the fruit[/caption]

She chillingly told how she had innocently given little Olivia a bowl of grapes without thinking.

But then one got one stuck in her throat and she started to struggle to breathe and her lips turned blue.

Laura, from Nottingham,  wrote on Facebook: “Last night Olivia nearly died. And it was my fault.

“I made her and Oscar a snack, handful of grapes and some dried cereal.

“It was the first time since hearing about that poor child who died chocking on a grape that I didn’t cut them in half.

“I figured- she’s almost 5, she isn’t the kind of kid to shovel food and choke, and I was rushing to finish cleaning the house.”

Laura said the kids went upstairs while she continued hoovering but when she switched it off, she heard Olivia struggling at the top of the stairs.

The post continued: “I knew in an instant what had happened. I ran to her. She couldn’t breathe.

“She had gone to chew a grape and it had shot to the back of her throat, gone down and got wedged.

“I turned her over and hit her as hard as I could between the shoulder blades and still nothing.

“She was looking me dead in the eyes and her lips turned blue as she couldn’t breathe at all.”

“Jamie finally managed to perform some manoeuvre on her that sent this grape pictured flying across the room.


“I lay here now watching her sleep I’ve cried most the night & my heart hurts as I look at her chest where there are still nail indentations from where she clawed at her throat for air.’”

Laura posted the story on Facebook with the hashtags  #cutthegrapes #safteyfirst.

“PLEASE let this be a reminder to all the parents out there – my life nearly changed forever last night all because of my carelessness,” she added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here