Mum issues tragic Cadbury Mini Eggs warning after daughter 'chokes to death'

0
41


A mum issued a warning after her five-year-old daughter tragically “choked to death”.

The devastated parent urged others to be “vigilant” about Cadbury Mini Eggs, which carry a choking warning on the packaging.

Keeping an eye on your kids while they’re eating or cutting the chocolates in two could help to alleviate some of these worries.

A grieving woman shared her story on Mumsadvice in February 2018, but her words are being shared again in the lead up to Easter.

She wrote: “With Easter coming up I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my child.

“It has been just short of three years since my precious little girl Sophie passed away.

“She had choked on a Mini Egg and I was unable to dislodged it, even with back slaps and pushing up and under her ribs.

“I had done a first aid course only six months prior to this event so all the techniques to help a choking child were still fresh in my mind but it didn’t help.

“I watched the light slip away from my baby’s eyes, I tried in vain to save her.”

After urging parents to be “vigilant”, the mum added: “If your children enjoy these chocolate treats please watch them extra close and remind them to sit down whilst eating them or avoid them altogether.

“If just one person reads this and watches their toddler, child or teen extra close when eating these my daughter’s death will not be in vain.”

A Cadbury spokesperson told Daily Star Online: “We were saddened by this tragic event as the safety of our customers is of the upmost importance to us.

“We ensure that all of our Cadbury Mini Eggs packaging very clearly carries the following warning: Choking Hazard: This product is Not suitable for children under 4.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here