Mum shocked to find discarded needle in toilets at McDonald's

0
13


Aimee Price Lawler says she was shocked to discover the discarded needle in the loos at the Birmingham McDonald’s branch last week.

Several concerning images captured the drug paraphernalia dumped on the side of the sink, within reach of young children.

And she claimed a cleaner at the Chester Road restaurant on the Erdington/Sutton Coldfield border refused to remove it and “left it there” when she alerted her to the grim find.

DISGUSTING: A needle was discarded by the sinks at a Brit McDonald’s (Pic: Aimee Price Lawler)

McDonald’s confirmed a syringe had been left inside the toilets.

But a spokesman said their crew member acted correctly by not touching the needle.

Instead, they said the cleaner “escalated the issue” and it was disposed of properly.

Mrs Lawler took to Facebook to share the photos and her warning to parents.

BIRMINGHAM: The McDonald’s on Chester Road where a syringe was found (Pic: Aimee Price Lawler)

She fumed: “Anyone with kids that goes to McDonald’s at the Yenton be very careful I found this on the sink in the toilet there earlier.

“And if that wasn’t bad enough I told the cleaner and she just said ‘I ain’t touching or cleaning that someone else can!!!!’ Then she just left it there!!!!!!”

Others commented to express their disgust.

One wrote: “That’s disgusting and the people doing it, leaving it for kids to see. Jheez it’s there addiction not everyone else’s, ask for the manager.”

While a man stuck up for the cleaner and said he wouldn’t touch a “dirty needle” either.

VILE: A McDonald’s toilet full of rubbish, bloody tissues and used needles last year (Pic: Martin Samuels)

He added: “It’s disgusting but absolutely not the cleaners fault, I wouldn’t touch a dirty needle either, if that was put in a normal black bin bag and someone emptied the bin not knowing and it stabbed them through the bin bag they could also get HIV, I wouldn’t even know who to contact in this situation but it needs dealing with in a sharps bin.”

A spokesperson for McDonald’s added: “The safety and security of our people and customers is our absolute priority.

“As soon as this was brought to the attention of the restaurant team, the crew member in question correctly followed protocol and escalated the issue so that the item could be carefully disposed of in the appropriate manner.”

Last year a dad was left feeling sick after walking into a disgusting McDonald’s toilet full of rubbish, bloody tissues and used needles.

Martin Samuels, 42, from Lincolnshire said he went to the restaurant on Bristol’s Bond Street for breakfast but after he saw the mess he left without ordering anything – “I’d lost my appetite,” he explained.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here