NETFLIX is set to unleash more new movies and TV shows for your viewing pleasure in May.
Here are all the amazing films from Friends With Benefits to Step Up – plus all the binge watching TV shows which includes the return of Lucifer and Good Girls.
What’s new on Netflix in May 2019?
Whether it’s a movie, TV series or original show, Netflix is the place we turn to each month for our telly fix.
Here’s what you can look forward to catching in May…
- Munafik 2 (2018) – Sakinah, a poor single mum in an isolated village, is haunted by an evil spirit linked to Abuja, a man with misleading religious teachings. Adam has to embark on a rescue mission to save Sakinah from the evil spirit and Abu Jar’s torment.
- Knock Down The House (2019) – A look at the people involved with various political campaigns during the 2018 US congressional election.
- Robin Hood The Rebellion (2018) – With his true love captured by the villainous Sheriff of Nottingham, the legendary Robin Hood and his crew of outlaws execute a daring rescue to save her.
- Friends with Benefits (2011) – A young man and woman decide to take their friendship to the next level without becoming a couple, but soon discover that adding sex only leads to complications.
- Revolt (2017) – An amnesiac US soldier’s in a cell next to a cute, French doctor. Earth is under attack by big, alien robots. Kenyan soldiers come to rape, torture and kill but the two fight back. They find a car and head west.
- Undercover (2019) – The Belgian Federal Police finds itself on the track of one of the world’s largest XTC networks, which has been under the radar for years.
- Flinch (2019) – Faced with various frightening and uncomfortable events, contestants in this game show had better not flinch – or they’ll suffer painful consequences.
- Dead to Me (2019) – A series about a powerful friendship that blossoms between a tightly wound widow and a free spirit with a shocking secret.
- Tuca & Bertie (2019) – The story of two 30-year old bird women who live in the same apartment building.
- Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage (2019) – A story about a bad cop standing up to an even worse society.
- Alles ist gut (2018) – Janne’s new boss’s brother-in-law slept with her against her will. She conceals the incident and continues her way of life as usual. But her silence has consequences, not only for the love that she feels for her friend Piet.
- Despite Everything (2019) – After their mother’s death, four sisters learn a shocking family secret and embark on an adventure to discover the truth about their genealogy.
- The Last Summer (2019) A group of young people in Chicago come together during the summer before they head off to college.
- All In My Family (2019) – After starting a family of his very own in America, a gay filmmaker documents his loving, traditional Chinese family’s process of acceptance.
- Cupcake & Dino – General Services: Season 2 (2018) – KIDS A cupcake and his dinosaur brother fight crime in order to make it to the General Services name.
- True and the Rainbow Kingdom: Mushroom Town (2019) – KIDS Do-gooding True can solve any problem, from a runaway boaty-float to a sideways sleepover and a sticky mess at her very own birthday party.
- The Girl with All the Gifts (2016) – A scientist and a teacher living in a dystopian future embark on a journey of survival with a special young girl named Melanie.
- Abyss (2019) – A prosecutor discovers that she’s been reincarnated into a different person after getting into an accident — and also learns she’s not the only one.
- Lucifer: Season 4 – The supernatural drama has been picked up by Netflix for a fourth season, following its cancellation by US network Fox.
- Tiny House Nation (2014 to 2017) – Tiny House Nation takes renovation experts John Weisbarth and Zack Giffin across America to help design and construct tiny dream homes in spaces under 500 square feet. Tiny House Nation proves size doesn’t matter, it’s creativity that counts.
- Easy: Season 3 (2019) – Diverse characters fumble through the modern maze of love, sex, technology and culture in Chicago.
- Jailbirds (2019) – At the Sacramento County Jail, incarcerated women fight for power and one another as they try to make the best of life and love on the inside.
- Shéhérazade (2018) Fresh out of prison and forced to fend for himself on the streets of Marseille, 17-year-old Zac falls in love with young prostitute Shéhérazade.
- Dry Martina (2018) – Martina was a famous singer in Argentina during the late 90s, who’s become completely frigid and disenchanted with love. The arrival of a so-called sister, alongside her attractive boyfriend, compel Martina to go to Chile with one objective in mind – getting back her libido.
- Gente que viene y bah (2019) – Afte learning about the unfaithfulness of her boyfriend with a famous TV reporter, a woman goes back to her family to find herself.
- Wine Country (2019) – When a group of longtime girlfriends goes to Napa for the weekend to celebrate their friend’s 50th birthday, tensions from the past boil over.
- ReMastered: The Lion’s Share (2018) – A journalist seeking the author of “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” discovers the story of Solomon Linda and finds his family living in the slums of Soweto.
- Schitt’s Creek: Season 5 (2019) – When rich video store magnate Johnny Rose and his family suddenly find themselves broke, they are forced to leave their pampered lives to regroup in Schitt’s Creek.
- Harvey Girls Forever!: Season 2 (2019) – KIDS Fun, adventure and thrills await for three girls in their hometown inhabited by kids.
- Katie (2018) – Follows Irish champion boxer Katie Taylor as she tries to rekindle her career after a year of setbacks.
- Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj: Volume 3 (2019) – The former Daily Show correspondent Hasan Minhaj brings his unique comedic voice and storytelling skill to explore the larger grim trends shaping our fragmented world.
- Malibu Rescue (2019) – A ragtag group of aspiring junior lifeguards from The Valley compete against the snobby local kids for bragging rights and the ultimate tower at Malibu beach.
- Still LAUGH-IN (2019) – The stars come out for this special tribute to “Laugh-In,” the revolutionary sketch comedy show of the 1960s and ’70s. Watch trailers & learn more.
- Horrid Henry: Season 5 New Episodes – Henry is skilled at making trouble, from babysitting pets in his bedroom to starting a shark panic at the swimming pool.
- RBG (2018) – The exceptional life and career of US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon.
- Good Sam (2019) – A news reporter looks into who has been anonymously leaving large cash gifts on random doorsteps in New York.
- Jane Eyre (2011) – A mousy governess who softens the heart of her employer soon discovers that he’s hiding a terrible secret.
- Pirate Radio ( 2009) – A band of rogue DJs that captivated Britain, playing the music that defined a generation and standing up to a government that wanted classical music, and nothing else, on the airwaves.
- Spartacus (2010) – The life of Spartacus, the gladiator who led a rebellion against the Romans. From his time as an ally of the Romans, to his betrayal and becoming a gladiator, to the rebellion he leads and its ultimate outcome.
- Step Up (2006) – Tyler Gage receives the opportunity of a lifetime after vandalising a performing arts school, gaining him the chance to earn a scholarship and dance with an up-and-coming dancer, Nora.
- Step Up 3 (2010) – A tight-knit group of New York City street dancers find themselves pitted against the world’s best hip hop dancers in a high-stakes showdown.
- Step Up: Revolution (2012) – Newly arrived in Miami, young dancer Emily dreams of becoming a professional. She soon meets and falls in love with Sean, the leader of a dance crew called “the Mob.”
- Well Intended Love (2019) – A third-rate actress with leukaemia becomes entangled with CEO Ling because she needs him for treatment. In order to receive bone marrow transplant sooner and to continue her career as an actress, Xia Lin enters into a secret marriage with Ling Yi Zhou, the CEO of a company. Despite the conspiracies and misunderstandings they encounter, the two find true love.
- The Rain: Season 2 (2019) – Trapped in the Zone, Simone and her friends must find a cure for the virus Rasmus is carrying before it kills him and the rest of humanity.
- It’s Bruno (2015) – A man and his dog Bruno simply want to take a trip to the supermarket, but the Brooklyn neighbourhood in which they live makes it difficult.
- Nailed It!: Season 3 (2018) – Home bakers with a terrible track record take a crack at recreating edible masterpieces for a cash prize. It’s part reality contest, part hot mess.
- Morir para contar (2018) – Tells the stories of Spanish war correspondents who died while doing their work.
- Maria (2017) – After a gang kills her parents, a woman grows up to become an assassin.
- See You Yesterday (2019) – Best friends CJ and Sebastian build a pair of time machines and use them in order to save the life of CJ’s brother.
- Saverio Raimondo: Il Satiro Parlante (2019) – Comedian and satirist Saverio Raimondo regales a Milan crowd with tales of naughty online antics, awkward injuries, white-knuckle flights and more.
- 1994: Limited Series (2019) – 1994 is an hour-long, five episode, investigative documentary series that will tell the story of one of the most critical years in Mexico’s history.
- Chip & Potato (2018) – KIDS Chip has a Secret Friend named Potato living in her pocket that her family doesn’t know about.
- Wanda Sykes: Not Normal (2019) – This is Wanda’s fifth stand-up special and the first on Netflix.
- One Spring Night (2019) – The story of a couple who hit the point in their relationship where they must think about marriage, which prompts them to examine and appreciate and understand their love in a whole new way.
- Furie (2019) – Veronica Ngo stars as an ex-gangster who is lying low in the countryside after becoming a mother, but she can’t escape her violent past when her daughter is kidnapped
- A Tale of Two Kitchens (2019) – Two countries, two restaurants, one vision. At Gabriela Cámara’s acclaimed Contramar in Mexico City, the welcoming, uniformed waiters are as beloved by diners as the menu featuring fresh, local seafood caught within 24 hours. The entire staff see themselves as part of an extended family. Meanwhile at Cala in San Francisco, Cámara hires staff from different backgrounds and cultures, including ex-felons and ex-addicts, who view the work as an important opportunity to grow as individuals.
- High Seas (2019) – Mysterious deaths aboard a luxurious ship travelling from Spain to Rio de Janeiro in the 1940s reveal secrets surrounding two sisters travelling together.
- She’s Gotta Have It: Season 2 (2019) – The story of one woman and her three lovers. TV series based on the film by Spike Lee.
- What/If (2019) – An anthology series which tackles a different morality tale, and the ripple effect of a single decision that changes the trajectory of an entire life.
- Rim of the World (2019) – Four misfit teenagers join forces to save the world when an alien invasion interrupts their summer camp.
- Joy (2019) – Joy is a young Nigerian woman, caught in the vicious cycle of sex trafficking. She works in this merciless system of exploitation to pay off debts to her exploiter Madame and supporting her family in Nigeria.
- The Perfection (2018) – When troubled musical prodigy Charlotte seeks out Elizabeth, the new star pupil of her former school, the encounter sends both musicians down a sinister path with shocking consequences.
- After Maria (2019) – Short following families in Puerto Rico who are currently living in FEMA hotels around New York City.
- Historical Roasts (2019) – From Jeff Ross, a series of roasts featuring famous historical figures played by modern day comedians.
More on Netflix
- Chopsticks (2019) An under-confident but talented girl, who is side stepped at every stage of her life, seeks out an enigmatic con to help recover her stolen car from a goat-loving crazy Mumbai gangster and in the process finds her confidence and place in the sun.
- Svaha: The Sixth Finger (2019) – Pastor Park works to expose suspicious religious groups. He’s hired to look into the cult group Deer Mount. Meanwhile, Police Captain Hwang investigates a murder case and the main suspect is a member of the Deer Mount cult.
- How to Sell Drugs Online: Fast (2019) – To win back the love of his life, a high school student and his best friend launch Europe’s largest online drug business from their teenage bedroom.
- Bad Blood: Season 2 (2018) – A dramatisation of the life and death of Montreal mob boss Vito Rizzuto.
- Good Girls: Season 2 (2019) – Three suburban mothers suddenly find themselves in desperate circumstances and decide to stop playing it safe and risk everything to take their power back.
- Black Spot: Season 2 (2019) – Villefranche is a small town with no phone reception on the edge of a mysterious forest. The number of inhabitants is dwindling but there’s a sharp rise in crime. Police inspector Laurène, once the victim of a crime herself, keeps on discovering fresh corpses.
- When They See Us (2019) – Chronicles the true story of a notorious case of five black teenagers who were convicted of a rape they did not commit.
- Always Be My Maybe (2019) – A pair of childhood friends end up falling for each other when they grow up.