Neymar is CLEARED of rape as judge closes case after model claimed she was attacked in Paris hotel room

0
22


NEYMAR has been cleared of rape due to a lack of evidence after a model claimed she had been attacked in a Paris hotel room.

State prosecutors in Sao Paulo said they agreed with the decision made on July 30 by police not to bring charges against the footballer.

Najila Trindade claimed she has been harassed since claiming footballing superstar Neymar raped her in a Paris hotel room

Neymar denies all the allegations made by the Brazilian model
AP:Associated Press

Judge Ana Paula Vieira de Moraes has issued an order to close the case

Najila Trindade, 26, said she has been targeted with abuse after alleging the Brazil and PSG footballer attacked her in a Paris hotel room in May.

Neymar, 27, strongly denied all allegations of sexual assault made against him.

Reacting to the decision, he wrote on Instagram: “If I’m being honest, I can’t say I’m happy, more relieved. This scar will remind me that human beings can do good things, but also the worst.”

Chief of the Women’s Police Station in Sao Paulo, Juliana Lopes Bussacos, said their inquiries into the accusations of rape and aggression against the footballer by model Najila Trinidade have been closed as police “have decided not to indict the player for the alleged crimes”.

Details on the reasons why investigators reached the decision not to indict the play will be revealed in a press conference on Tuesday, Bussacos said.

However, the outcome is still open to appeal and the victim’s legal team has up to 15 days to challenge it.

Lawyers representing the Special Action Group to Combat Domestic Violence, who have been closely following the case, will also be able to file a complaint if they are dissatisfied with the reasons given and request further investigations or further action.

CHARGES DROPPED

Earlier this month, a court accepted investigators’ request to authorise the extension of the inquiry for up to 30 days so further analysis could be undertaken.

According to reports, Bussacos decided to close the investigation without receiving the video of the alleged assault by Neymar on the model during a meeting in a hotel room.

Despite numerous requests from police for the footage, Trinidade claimed a tablet with the video on it had been stolen from her apartment and the images have never been handed in.

Lawyers representing Neymar Jnr were approached for a comment but no-one was available to comment.


The star’s legal team is expected to give their reaction to the news after the press conference.

Ms Trindade also claimed to have been the victim of sexism and injustice in her native Brazil saying: “I feel that people have taken advantage of my desperation, my trauma, and my disorientation.

Last month, police seized CCTV footage from the Paris hotel where Neymar is alleged to have raped the model, according to French newspaper L’Equipe.

Neymar is seen on a video clip using his feet in an apparent attempt to defend himself
Neymar is seen in a video clip apparently fighting with the model

https://players.brightcove.net/5067014667001/default_default/index.min.js

Ms Trindade said she didn’t consent to sex when she claimed Neymar refused to use a condom

Model Najila Trindade was carried from a police station after giving testimony about the alleged attack
Reuters

Model Trindade was carried from a police station after giving testimony about the alleged attack[/caption]

The PSG star arrived at the police station in a wheelchair
AFP or licensors

https://players.brightcove.net/5067014667001/default_default/index.min.js


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours


 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here