Prince Harry, 35, had to relinquish his honorary military titles when he stepped down as a senior royal in March. The move came as a major blow to the Duke, whose armed forces background influenced much of his work as a senior royal. However, the couple’s Spring Statement revealed Harry will continue this work in a private capacity. The statement read: “As founder of the Invictus Games, The Duke will proudly continue supporting the military community around the world through the Invictus Games Foundation and The Endeavour Fund.”
Harry and Meghan Markle, 38, have since settled in Los Angeles with their one-year-old son Archie Harrison and are expected to remain there for the foreseeable future.
As a working royal Prince Harry had several ceremonial military roles including that of Captain General of the Royal Marines, a role previously held by his grandfather Prince Philip, 99.
While Harry had to give up this title following his royal withdrawal he was allowed to hold on to the rank of captain he earned during his 10-year military career.
Harry left the British Army after a decade of service in 2015 but has maintained strong ties with armed forces ever since and worked closely with veterans.
READ MORE: How Prince Harry could be stripped of royal right when Charles king
Prince Harry has offered his support for the charity venture in a moving new statement.
Prince Harry said: “At the end of this year, a year that has seen unprecedented global challenges, a group of veterans will be tackling a challenge unlike anything they’ve faced before.
“Facing searing temperatures and pulling a cart that weighs more than 3 times their own bodyweight, these veterans will need to summon incredible physical and mental strength.”
He added: “I am proud once again to support them and support the veterans whose courage, determination and resilience is a credit to all of us who have served.
“To the men and women selected for this team, good luck!
“I know people all over the world will be cheering you on.”
How Prince Harry could be stripped of royal right when Charles king [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle row: Lip-reader blows cover on what was REALLY said [VIDEO]
The ‘unusual’ way Prince Louis may follow Prince Edward [INSIGHT]
The new announcement is bound to bring joy to Prince Harry, who was thought to be upset over his military titles being stripped of him.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were due to return to the UK with Archie this summer when they were expected to join the Queen at Balmoral during her summer break.
However, the trip is likely to be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
While Meghan and Harry were expected to launch their new non-profit venture ‘Archewell’ soon after stepping down, it is understood the project is on us while the couple focus their energies towards helping those affected by the health crisis.
A source told the Telegraph earlier this month: “What’s absolutely clear is that they want to get it right and there’s no point in rushing.
“They are settling into a new life, a new era.
“This is about getting it right and making sure they are able to make the difference they want to make.”
On Wednesday it was confirmed Harry and Meghan are now on the books of New York public speakers agency Harry Walker.
The Harry Walker agency counts the Clintons and the Obamas among its clients and make a like fit for Meghan and Harry.
The royal couple are expected to earn money by giving addresses at corporate events and offering VIP meet and greets in future.
Meghan and Harry have now entered a one-year trial period it which they will aim to gain financial independence from the crown.
The terms of their Megxit agreement will be reviewed by the Queen next spring.