A new PUBG Mobile beta is available to download on Android and iOS today, offering mobile gamers the chance to try out the latest Battle Royale content.
And it looks like upcoming 0.14.0 update from Tencent is going to be a big one, adding new features and game modes soon.
Getting access to the PUBG Mobile betas in the past hasn’t always been the easiest thing to do.
But Tencent has revamped how they go about releasing new beta builds, making it easier to download them on Android and iOS.
The new PUBG Mobile beta 0.14.0 beta can be found on the Google PlayStore and Apple App Store, with Tencent also providing direct links.
The process may require a player to login into the game via another platform like Facebook but the rest should be easy to do.
Download links for both versions of PUBG Mobile can be found below and come directly sourced from Tencent.
ANDROID BETA DOWNLOAD
iOS BETA DOWNLOAD
Downloading the beta on iOS will mean joining the Apple Testflight program and may also include a few extra steps.
After the installation process on iOS, you may be asked if the PUBG Mobile beta is safe, which will mean having to go to PUBG Mobile options found by navigating to Setting, General and then Device Management, and selecting the safe option.
On Android, you may also be prompted to login into the game via Facebook and confirm that the APK file is safe.
The new PUBG Mobile beta download is pretty hefty in size, meaning you will need a few extra GBs free on your phone to install it.
And for those wondering what is included in the new beta build, Tencent has revealed a lot of information in the official patch notes.
A new Infection Mode has been added that splits gamers into teams, some of which will be zombies. There is also a new Daily Mission redesign and additional character system changes being implemented.
Tencent is also looking to reduce the size of the current Android download via the new update. This will be achieved through a number of ways, including making some rarely used items as additional downloads.
Full details can be found in the official patch notes released by Tencent and listed below.
PUBG MOBILE BETA PATCH NOTES
- Android Resources Extension Pack:
Reduced the size of Android installation package and added Resource Expansion Pack, which contains some rarely used equipment and resources that are displayed with a placeholder icon unless the Pack is downloaded.
- Mode Selection UI adjusted:
- a. Added tier information in Classic
- b. Matchmaking and Settings are now on the same page
- c. Visual effects improved
- Daily Mission redesigned: (Not available on the test server yet, some missions can not switch perspective now, and there is a temporary key for the test)
a. The number of Daily Missions are reduced and rewards have been adjusted;
b. Daily Missions, other than the login mission, are released randomly. If players are not satisfied with their current Daily Missions, they can switch to other random missions in the mission pool up to three times a day.
- New Feature: Infection Mode
This is an asymmetric PVP mode. After the match starts, players are randomly divided into Zombies and Defenders. While Defenders can use firearms, Zombies can only use melee attacks and abilities with cooldown time.
Zombies can be revived after being defeated by Defenders, while Defenders will be turned into Zombies after being killed by Zombies. If all Defenders are infected, zombies win; if even just 1 Defender survives, then the Defenders win.
- a. Each player gets a character at the beginning.
- b. Characters start with one skill that is only effective within EvoGround.
- c. Characters can be customized with outfits, voices, emotes and MVP emotes.
- d. Level up the characters and collect progress rewards by playing with them in any mode to earn EXP.
- Level V and rewards added for some achievements:
- Battle-Hardened V: Reach Ace.
- Fun Times V: Complete 800 matches in Arcade.
- Classic Lover V: Complete 1000 matches in Classic.
- Evo Tactician I-V: Complete 5/20/50/100/200 matches in EvoGround.
- Perseverance V: Log in consecutively for 60 days.
- Assault Mastery V: Kill 2000 enemies with Assault Rifles.
- Sniper Mastery V: Kill 1000 enemies with Sniper Rifles.
- Shotgun Mastery V: Kill 1000 enemies with Shotguns.
- SMG Mastery V: Kill 2000 enemies with SMG.
- Melee Mastery V: Kill 200 enemies with Melee.
- Pistol Mastery V: Kill 200 enemies with Pistols.
- Deathbringer V: Kill 2000 enemies.
- Skull Collector V: 200 Kill enemies with headshots.
- Field Medic V: Revive teammates 500 times.
- Predator V: Kill 20 enemies in a single Classic match.
- Chicken Bucket V: Win 50 matches.
- PUBG Elite V: Earn 555 SSS rating
- Epic Find V: Earn 100 different permanent outfits(Legendary).
- Mythic Fashion I-V: Earn 1/5/10/20/50 different permanent outfits(Mythic).
- Social Butterfly V: Reach 120 in-game friends.
- Brothers in Arms V: Team up with friends 1000 times.
- Santa Claus V: Gift an item to a friend 100 times.
- Center of Attention V: Earn 600 LIKEs.
- Happy Training V: Complete 1000 Clan Trainings.
- Shopaholic V: Spend 1000000BP.
- Perfectionist V: Reach the highest Royale Pass rank for 6 seasons in a row.
- Bounty Hunter V: Complete 1000 Royale Pass missions.
- Open Sesame V: Open 100 Royale Pass Elite Crates.
- Unique Destiny: Earn 6000 Achievement points.
- Battlefield Veteran I-III:
- Complete any 2/4/6 of the following achievements:
- Assault Mastery V, Sniper Mastery V, Shotgun Mastery V, SMG Mastery V, Melee Mastery V, Pistol Mastery V.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Inventory interaction UI adjusted
- a. Non-inventory UI functions blocked in Inventory
- b. Expanded the item display area
- c. Simplified the editing of emotes
- d. Improved the selection logic for firearms and vehicles
- e. Players can now choose to show the helmets and backpacks in the main menu
- f. Added new zoom feature to zoom in on the character when viewing firearms, hats, glasses, face accessories and backpacks