The mayor of Reading, councillor David Stevens, has confirmed that the one-minute silence will be held at 10:00 BST this morning.
Mr Stevens said that the silence will be held privately but encouraged people to join in digitally, providing a link to the Reading Council Facebook page.
In addition, flags on the Civic Offices were flown at half-mast yesterday and will continue to be for the rest of the week.
In addition to the three people who were killed, three others suffered serious injuries in the stabbing attack which took place at 19:00 BST on Saturday evening in Reading’s Forbury Gardens.
The BBC reports that one remains in hospital in a stable condition.
Police report that a suspect has been arrested under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000, and yesterday Counter Terrorism Policing confirmed that the stabbing attack has been declared a terrorist incident.
Thames Valley Police Chief Constable John Campbell said yesterday afternoon that “we do not believe there to be a wider risk and … there is nothing to suggest that anyone else is involved in this incident”.
The only victim named publicly so far is James Furlong, a 36-year-old teacher who was killed in the attack.
He will be one of the people to be remembered in tomorrow’s minute’s silence and for the rest of the week by the flags flying at half-mast.
Tributes to Mr Furlong – who was head of history, government and politics and The Holt School in Wokingham – have been coming in.
READ: Reading terror attack: ‘Wonderful man’ James Furlong among three killed
His parents, Gary and Janet, released a statement calling Mr Furlong a “wonderful man” and “beautiful, intelligent, honest and fun.”
“He was the best son, brother, uncle and partner you could wish for. We are thankful for the memories he gave us all. We will never forget him and he will live in our hearts forever”.
Meanwhile, Co-Headteachers Anne Kennedy and Katie Pearce at The Holt School said that Mr Furlong “had a real sense of duty” and that he “inspired everyone he taught through his passion for his subject and his dedication”.
An investigation into the attack is ongoing, with Detective Chief Superintendent Kath Barnes, Head of Counter Terrorism Policing South East (CTPSE), saying this was happening “at a fast pace”.
Warning to British public after Reading attack – ‘be alert’
Reading attack first victim named
Witness’ horror as three are killed – ‘shocked and shaken’
DCS Barnes urged people to “show restraint by not sharing any mages and footage of the attack on social media” and also appealed for anyone with information to “contact Thames Valley Police by calling 1010 and quoting Operation Vaselike”.
DCS Barnes also said the public was being encouraged to “remain vigilant” and report anything suspicious to gov.uk/ACT.
Yesterday, Reading Borough Council released a statement on the attack, noting “everybody at Reading Borough Council joins residents of the town in being both shocked and appalled at the horrific attack at Forbury Gardens yesterday.
“The Council’s thoughts and prayers are with the families of the three people who lost their lives, and for those who remain seriously injured”.
The council also expressed appreciation to the “incredible response” by emergency services who “acted so swiftly yesterday evening to prevent further harm”.
It’s understood that a number of police cordons remain in place around Reading while CTPSE continue to investigate the crime scene.