Shocking moment schoolboy ‘mugged for his coat in McDonald’s as staff and customers look on and do nothing’

0
51


THIS is the shocking moment a schoolboy appears to be mugged for his coat as McDonald’s staff and customers look on and do nothing.

The menacing figures appear to demand the 15-year-old boy’s jacket – who shrugs it off and hands it over.

The young boy was seen shrugging off his jacket
The young boy was seen shrugging off his jacket, handing it over

The hooded men were caught on CCTV, with one wearing a camouflage jacket and the other a black hoodie.

During the apparent confrontation, one of the men can be seen appearing to hold out his hand to the young boy.

Bewildered staff can be seen walking around the stand off as it unfolds.

At one point, one worker does appear to try to intervene – walking between the group and trying to speak to one of the hooded men.

The two men then run off, leaving the young boy alone.

The confrontation, believed to have taken place at the fast food chain in Enfield, North London, was filmed about 8.30am on March 22.

Footage of the incident has since been shared online, with many left shocked at the blatant apparent mugging.

One person wrote: “This is so shocking. I really feel for the young boy. No one should ever have to experience this. Does anyone know who he is? I want to buy him a new coat. I have made enquiries of my own only to be told that the matter is under investigation.

“Meanwhile the boy here continues to suffer the consequences of what he has had to endure.

“Whatever way you look at it, this should never be allowed to happen particularly in public, in an establishment like Mc D’s and in broad day light. Absolutely disgusting.”

Another added: “Look how distressed the poor young boy is.”

A third wrote: “Worse off is that the staff do nothing.”

Met Police confirmed they were investigating the Church Street incident.

A spokesperson said: “Police in Enfield are investigating after a 15-year-old boy was robbed of his jacket in a fast-food restaurant.

“No weapon was involved and the victim was not harmed.


“No arrests have been made. Enquiries, include the review of local CCTV footage to identify the group of young male suspects involved in the robbery, continue.”

McDonald’s has been contacted for comment.

It comes a day after a mass brawl was filmed erupting at McDonald’s in Manchester after two customers appeared to refuse to pay for their meals.

The schoolboy can be seen speaking to the intimidating men at the McDonald's in Enfield
The schoolboy can be seen speaking to the intimidating men at the McDonald’s in Enfield
The boy put down his bag to take off his jacket
The boy put down his bag to take off his jacket
At one point, one of the men can be seen putting out his hand for the jacket
At one point, one of the men can be seen putting out his hand
The 15-year-old boy was at the fast food store just last week when the incident unfolded
The 15-year-old boy was at the fast food store just last week when the incident unfolded
A McDonald's worker walks through the pair talking
A McDonald’s worker walks through the pair talking
The worker tries to speak to the man before he leaves
The worker tries to speak to the man before he leaves

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here