Stoke City youth star ‘blinded in one eye’ after mass pub brawl

0
31


Police have said that the boy has suffered a “life changing” eye injury which could end his football career.

Two men have been arrested over the fight in The Wren’s Nest, in Ketley, around 10pm last Saturday.

The academy player, who had been offered a full-time scholarship, was treated in hospital and has now been released.

There are unconfirmed reports the teenager has been left permanently blinded in one eye.

“This was large-scale violent disorder in a residential area and would have undoubtedly been shocking for anyone who witnessed it”

Det Sgt Dawson

The Stoke Sentinel has revealed that the football club has offered support to the boy and his mother.

Two men, aged 37 and 32, have been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder.

Cops are appealing for more information.

Det Sgt Andrew Dawson, of West Mercia Police, said: “This was large-scale violent disorder in a residential area and would have undoubtedly been shocking for anyone who witnessed it.

“We are therefore working hard to identify all those involved in this incident that has left a 15-year-old boy with life changing injuries.

“While investigations are ongoing, I know that there has been some speculation on social media.

“I would urge anyone who believes they have information that could help with our investigation to please get in touch, rather than commenting or sharing information over social media as this is not helpful to our investigation, particularly while in its early stages.

“Over the coming days, officers will continue to provide reassurance patrols, and speak to people in the area.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here