Strictly Come Dancing’s Anton Du Beke rages after judging role snub in favour of Motsi Mabuse — and threatens to quit

0
18


STRICTLY star Anton Du Beke flew into a rage after being snubbed for a judging role in favour of Motsi Mabuse – and threatened to quit the BBC show.

Sources told how the professional dancer, 53, who was desperate to land the position, flew into a tantrum after the new appointment.

Anton Du Beke flew into a rage after being snubbed for a judging role — and threatened to quit the show
Rex Features
He was snubbed for a judging role in favour of Motsi Mabuse
Getty – Contributor

And he told close pals he would walk away from his job unless bosses handed him “an enhanced” role on the show this year in a bid to keep him happy.

A source told The Sun on Sunday: “Anton has gone out of his way to make it known he wanted the job on the judging panel ever since Darcey Bussell left.

“He felt if they recruited within the Strictly family, it should be him. And despite not doing a screen test for the role, he still really thought he had a chance.

“As far as he was concerned, appearing on Strictly for 15 series has been his screen test.

Handout

Anton, pictured with Ruth Langsford, told close pals he would walk away from his job unless bosses gave him ‘an enhanced role’[/caption]

“So when the news broke that Motsi was the new judge, he was livid. And he claimed he would quit unless the Strictly bosses gave him an ‘enhanced’ position.

“It was a real snub to his pride, especially as this is the second time he’s been overlooked.”

Anton, who was booted out of the series in week one last year, did a screen test for bosses in 2017 as they searched for a replacement for Len Goodman.

But Shirley Ballas, 58, was chosen for the head judge seat instead.

Motsi previously worked on Germany’s version of Strictly, Just Dance
Getty Images – Getty

Speaking earlier this year about the seat vacated by prima ballerina Darcey, 50, Anton said: “I don’t know if it will be me but if they asked me I would love to.

“People say they are real fans of mine but we will have to wait and see if they ask me first.”


He went on: “Will the show be lacking without Darcey? Well it depends who they get…”

A Strictly insider insisted: “Anton is the longest running pro dancer on the show and so very loved by the viewers and Strictly team.

“He is really looking forward to getting back in the studio and dancing on the upcoming series.”

Philipp Rathmer/Action Press/ Lickerish

New Strictly judge Motsi Mabuse has left Anton’s nose out of joint[/caption]

Getty Images – Getty

She originally came to the show as a professional dancer[/caption]

https://players.brightcove.net/5067014667001/default_default/index.min.js


  • GOT a story? Ring The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or email exclusive@the-sun.co.uk.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here