Vape warning as man in coma after using dodgy cartridge from street dealer

0
31


The 26-year-old was rushed to hospital and placed in a medically-induced coma after the cartridge is said to have caused severe damage to his lungs. 

The unnamed man’s brother, Patrick DeGrave, claims he bought the cartridge from an unlicensed street dealer in Wisconsin, USA. 

Mr Degrave told how his sibling “nearly lost his life”. 

He told US network Fox 6: “These street vapes are very, very dangerous. 

“The trauma that he caused to his lungs is significant, the trauma he caused to his heart is significant. 

“These vapes can cost you your life.”

“These vapes can cost you your life.”

Patrick DeGrave

The man is said to have caused major damage to other organs after vaping THC, the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis. 

Medics initially believed he had pneumonia before realising the vape triggered his ill health. 

Mr Degrave said of his brother’s condition: “It’s wait and see. 

“We’re uncertain right now if he’ll ever fully recover from this.” 

It comes as eight teenagers from the US state have reportedly received treatment within the past month alone after using cheap vaping equipment. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here