SEASON three of the hit ITV Drama Victoria continues tonight (April 28).
The gripping show follows the life and trials of Queen Victoria and stars Jenna Coleman. Here’s the lowdown on the next instalment of the hotly-anticipated third series.
When is the third series of Victoria on TV?
Season three continues TONIGHT (April 28th, 2019) at 9pm.
The show has already started airing in the US, much to the UK fans disappointment.
The drama follows the life of Queen Victoria and her marriage to Prince Albert.
It was created by Daisy Goodwin and stars Jenna Coleman as Victoria and Tom Hughes as Prince Albert.
What happens in Victoria season 3?
Starting in 1848, the third instalment of the lavish drama will depict a turbulent and uncertain time for both Europe and the monarchy.
With revolutions on the continent and the Chartist movement reaching its peak in London, Victoria is under pressure from the government to leave London for her own safety.
Creator Daisy Goodwin said: “Victoria and Albert are the most famous couple of the nineteenth century, but underneath the united facade, their relationship is at breaking point and it is a struggle for mastery that neither side can win.”
Why was the series shown in America first?
ITV haven’t given an answer to this, however they have said they will do their best to make sure no spoilers from America are leaked online.
A spokesperson said: “We’ll be working to ensure that any content on social media and/or from US press will be geo-blocked to avoid any spoilers for UK viewers.”
America TV broadcaster PBS revealed on January 9, 2019 that they would be showing the third series first.
It’s the first time the show has aired in the US prior to the UK, it’s usually shown on ITV around five months before going across the pond.
Who will be in the cast of series three of Victoria?
- Jenna Coleman – Queen Victoria. Jenna reprises her role as Queen Victoria, leading the country while also attempting not to fail in her duties to her husband Prince Albert and their children.
- Tom Hughes – Prince Albert. The role of Prince Albert is played by Tom Hughes, who is dating Jenna off-screen, as he continues to battle with his position as the Queen’s spouse.
- Laurence Fox – Lord Palmerston. Laurence is new to the cast and plays the “charismatic and wayward” Foreign Secretary Lord Palmerston.
- Kate Fleetwood – Feodora (Queen Victoria’s sister). Kate is also new to this series and plays Victoria’s sister Feodora.
- John Sessions – Prime Minister John Russell. John is new to season three as well. Before filming this show he starred in The Loch.
Get the full list of cast here.
More on Victoria
How can I watch season 1 and 2 of Victoria?
Unfortunately you can’t watch Victoria season 1 or 2 on the ITV Hub anymore.
You can however stream it on Now TV at a cost.
If you’re in America you can watch the new series on PBS catchup now.
How did Series 2 of Victoria end?
Series 2 ended on a festive note.
The royal couple got caught up in spats over how they felt their Christmas should be.
But after Albert almost drowns while ice skating they realise that life is too short.
So they put aside their pasts in order to create a memorable Christmas for their growing family.