THE Strictly Come Dancing line-up is being reveals and fans can’t wait for the upcoming seventeenth series to start.
Here’s what we know so far about the return of Britain’s favourite dancing competition.
When does Strictly Come Dancing 2019 start?
Strictly Come Dancing is returning for its 17th series on BBC One in 2019.
It kicks off with the red carpet launch on Monday, August 26, 2019.
The series premiere will follow shortly after, but a date is yet to be confirmed.
The main show will air live on Saturday evenings with the results the following day on Sundays.
In July 2019 it was revealed Motsi Mabuse will be joining the judging panel of Shirley Ballas, Bruno Tonioli and Craig Revel-Horwood.
Which stars have been confirmed so far for Strictly Come Dancing 2019?
So far we have four confirmed celebrities.
The star line-up includes:
- Mike Bushell – Mike, 53 is a BBC Breakfast sports presenter known for his on-air gaffs.
- Catherine Tyldesley – Catherine, 35 is a former Coronation Street actress.
- Saffron Barker – Saffron is a 19-year-old YouTube star from Brighton.
- Emma Barton – Emma, 42, is best known for her role as Honey Mitchell in EastEnders.
- Chris Ramsey – Chris, 32, is a regular on stand up and panel shows as well as hosting his own comedy show.
- David James – The football star, 49, played for clubs including Liverpool, West Ham and Man City over a 26 year career.
- Karim Zeroual – The 19-year-old is a children’s TV presenter but began his career as an actor.
- Countess Weymouth Emma Thynn – The 33-year-old chef is also a philanthropist and has modelled for the likes of Dolce and Gabbana.
- Michelle Visage – The 50-year-old former pop star is an LGBT icon and loved for her work on RuPaul’s Drage Race.
- Will Bayley – The 31-year-old is the number one table tennis player in the world, and a Paralympic champion.
- Jamie Laing – The Made In Chelsea star, 30, is the first reality star to complete for the Glitterball trophy.
- Alex Scott –Former England and Arsenal defender Alex is the first female footballer to compete on the show.
- Dev Griffin – The 34-year-old BBC Radio 1 DJ began his career on children’s TV/
- James Cracknell – The 47-year-old rowing champion was appointed OBE for “services to sport” in 2005.
Latest Strictly goss
Who is hosting Strictly Come Dancing 2019?
The 2019 series will see the return of popular presenting duo Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman.
And the evening show It Takes Two will also be back.
In April 2019 it as announced that Rylan Clark-Neal would be co-hosting with Zoe Ball.
Zoe took over the Radio 2 Breakfast Show in January 2019, so has a big commitment there.