Woman, 21, forced to shave her head after her hair fell out when she used ‘tampered’ Pantene Pro-V conditioner ‘mixed with hair removal cream’

0
30


A WOMAN has been forced to shave her hair off after using a conditioner which she believes was mixed with hair removal cream in the shop.

Ashley Rose, 21, has been left traumatised after her hair fell out in large clumps when she used “tampered” Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume in the shower on Sunday.

Ashley Rose's hair fell out in clumps after using conditioner which she believes was mixed with hair removal cream
Ashley Rose’s hair fell out in clumps after using conditioner which she believes was mixed with hair removal cream

She decided to take control and shave her hair off completely
GoFundMe

She decided to take control and shave her hair off completely[/caption]

She no longer wants to leave the house and is scared to go to work after she decided to shave her head, exposing her “red and irritated” scalp.

Ashley has gone to police after claiming the conditioner she bought at a Walmart in New Richmond City, Wisconsin, US, must have been mixed with hair removal cream.

She realised something was wrong when the conditioner – which was an “ugly pink colour” rather than white – made her hair “smell terrible”.

“I just went on with my normal Sunday routine got in shower shampoo, and conditioned my hair got out something was different and didn’t smell the greatest,” Ashley wrote on Facebook.

Ashley is pictured here before using the conditioner which is believed to have been'tampered with'
GoFundMe

Ashley is pictured here before using the conditioner which is believed to have been ‘tampered with’[/caption]

She was left screaming and crying in the bathroom after her hair fell out
GoFundMe

She was left screaming and crying in the bathroom after her hair fell out[/caption]

“I took my hair out of the towel and it smelt terrible, got back in the shower used my other shampoo and rubbed that in.

“As I took my hands out of my hair it was covered in hair and just kept on falling out.

“I was screaming in the bathroom and crying non-stop.”

She rushed to the ER to check whether she had any chemical burns, but was told her scalp was just irritated.

Ashley tried visiting a hair stylist – but was told getting hair extensions would probably put too much tension on the remaining hair and cause the rest to fall out.

So she made the difficult decision to take control and shave her hair off.

“It isn’t the easiest decision because what girl wants to lose all the hair ever in any circumstance,” she wrote.

“This is raw and has hit me like no other. My hair was finally the way I loved it to be and now it’s gone.”

Ashley revealed she has been suffering anxiety attacks ever since and does not want to go out in public.

Taking to Facebook, she wrote: “Anxiety attacks more than ever this evening. I’m scared. I don’t wanna go in public.

“Tomorrow I go back to work and I’m very anxious, my emotions never been so high. I love my job and people but I’m scared.”

It comes amid a worrying social media craze of product tampering in shops, especially in the US.

Sick pranksters have been filmed gargling Listerine before spitting it back in the bottle in Walmart and other have licked ice cream tub and put it back in the fridge in shops.

Ashley is now urging others to always check their product bottles after buying them from the shop.

“My only intention for sharing is to prevent it from happening to anyone else,” she said.

“Check your bottles where ever you get them, nothing can be trusted anymore.”

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help Ashley buy wigs, as well as offsetting any potential medical costs and legal fees.

It has so far raised $1,345 and hundreds have sent Ashley messages of support.

A spokesman for Walmart said the police contacted the store to investigate the matter.

“Right now, we’re looking into it and working with the police to gather surveillance footage to see what happened,” the spokesman said.

“Obviously, we take these allegations seriously, and we’ve also made the supplier aware of what’s going on, as well.”


A spokesperson for Pantene said: “We are aware and concerned by this post, however the consumer involved hasn’t directly contacted us yet, so at this time we have limited information.

“We have reached out to gain more information because the safety of our products is our top priority.

“We will share more information as we learn more about this unusual experience.”

https://players.brightcove.net/5067014667001/default_default/index.min.js



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here