Home News World War 3: Pakistan army launch 'unprovoked attack' on India – intense...

World War 3: Pakistan army launch 'unprovoked attack' on India – intense gunfire on border


Pakistan launch unprovoked attack on India

Pakistan launch unprovoked attack on India (Image: Getty)

According to reports, there was intense shelling with mortars along the Line of Control in Nowshera of Rajouri. Indian’s Defence Ministry confirmed the attack had happened at around 10.45am today.

India’s Defence Ministry spokesperson, Colonel Devender Anand said: “At about 10.45am today, Pakistan imitated the unprovoked ceasefire violation by firing with small arms and intense shelling with mortars along the LoC in Nowshera sector of Rajouri district.”

New Delhi journalist, Aditya Raj Kaul, tweeted: “Pakistan Army violates ceasefire in Nowshera Sector, Jammu & Kashmir. 

“Today at 10:45am, Pak initiated unprovoked ceasefire violation by firing with Small Arms & intense shelling with Mortars along LoC in Nowshera of Rajouri. 

“Indian Army is retaliating befittingly.”


Earlier this week, at least four civilians were killed by Indian shelling inside Pakistan-administers Kashmir, Aljazeera reported.

Three people were killed in the Nakyal region, while the fourth person died after a shell hit her home in Baghsar.

“Indian Army troops initiated unprovoked [ceasefire violations] in Nakyal and Bagsar Sectors along LoC targeting civ[ilian] population,” Pakistan’s military press wing said in a brief statement on Twitter.

“Three people died at the spot, and they have just been buried,” Nasrullah Khan told Al Jazeera by telephone. 

“There was a single shell, and the three boys, who were cousins, were all standing together.”

This week, a furious row broke out between the countries as two Indian officials went missing in Islamabad.

India’s External Affairs Ministry has summoned the Pakistan charge d’affaires Syed Hyder Shah amid accusations the men had been abducted by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agents. 

Security sources later claimed the officials had been arrested by Pakistani authorities for their alleged involvement in a “hit and run accident”.

New Delhi said it had made clear the men should not be interrogated or harassed the Indian officials and warned the responsibility for their safety and security lay with the Pakistani authorities.

Sources close to the case said the Pakistan side was asked to return the two officials along with the official car to the High Commission immediately.

An Indian defence force said: “One vehicle with two Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) drivers had gone out for duty but did not reach the destination.”

The incident comes days after India expelled two Pakistan High Commission officials here on charges of espionage.

Two officials of the Pakistan High Commission were apprehended by law enforcement officials for their alleged involvement in espionage and have been asked to leave the country within 24 hours.

The Indian Ministry of External Affairs said: “The government has declared both these officials persona non grata for indulging in activities incompatible with their status as members of a diplomatic mission and asked them to leave the country within 24 hours.”

Tensions between the countries escalated after both sides exchanged fire over the disputed border in Kashmir.

The Indian Army accused the Pakistani Army of violating the ceasefire at three various locations along the border and shots were fired.

According to reports, India’s bomb disposal team were called to detonate an IED recovered on the Baramulla-Handwara Highway in North Kashmir.

The Indian Army said in a statement: “Heavy exchange of fire is currently underway in Jammu and Kashmir.

“Pakistan has violated the ceasefire in Mankato at about 6.30am by firing with small arms and intense shelling with mortars and the Indian Army retaliating.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here